Most people in Australia face a rat infestation problem at least once in their life. Rats are small animals that are considered pests. Rats can spread many diseases to humans. They can bite humans and also carry germs and bacteria that can be harmful to humans. You can find rat infestation very often in your house as they can enter your house through many ways in search of food and shelter. They also cause damage to your furniture and the wiring of your house. Rats usually are found in the roofs, attics and basements of your house. When it comes to the signs of a rat infestation, you can spot them with your eyes and also by the sounds they make. Rats can give birth to 8 to 18 babies at a time which can then quickly grow in number and damage a lot of things in your house. Read the blog to know the 7 possible signs of a rat infestation.
Here Are 7 Signs Of A Rat Infestation
- Rat Droppings In Corners Of Your House- Rat dropping is one of the main signs of a rat infestation in your house. As per experts, rats can produce about 40 droppings per night. The droppings usually are dark and moist and as they get old, they start drying. Rats droppings can be found in many areas of your house such as the cupboards, drawers, under the sinks, near food and many such areas. If you find any such droppings you can be sure that there is a rat infestation in your house.
- Scratching Noises- You can usually hear scratching noises at night which can be a sign of the presence of rats in your house. There are various reasons why rats make these sounds such as building nests, fighting with each other or playing with each other. If you hear any such sounds you need to make sure that you act as soon as possible to get pest inspection and pest control services for your house. This is one of the possible signs of a rat infestation in your house.
- Chewing Marks On Food Packages- Another sign of rat infestation can be the chewing marks you spot on the food packaging. Rats love to eat your food so they will surely attack your food packets whenever they get a chance. In case you see any such chewing marks, you can consider there is a rat infestation in your house.
- Holes In The Walls And Floors- Rats love to live in the walls, basements and roofs. They usually dig holes to make their way into the walls and the basements to infest there. This is also a possible sign of a rat infestation in your house. In case you find any small-sized holes in your furniture or the walls, you can get your house inspected and get rid of the pests from your house by hiring rodent control professionals.
- Your Pets Acting Weirdly- Pets such as dogs and cats can easily spot rats and other rodents in your house. In case you notice any weird behaviours such as smelling under the furniture or sneaking under your drawers or appliances, there are chances that you might have rats in your house. In case you see any such behaviour you need to consider it as a sign of rats and take measures to get rid of the rats from your house.
- Stale And Foul Smells- Rat urine can smell really bad and can trigger your nose. You might notice a stale ammonia smell which tells you there is a presence of rats in your house. In case there are only 1 or 2 rats you might not notice the smell but if there is an infestation, you will easily notice it. This is another sign of a rat infestation.
- Rat Nests- This is a clear sign of rat infestation in your house. Rodent nests can be usually found in the corners of your house. Rats usually build their nests by building a pile of paper or organic matter in one place. If you find any such pile, there is a rat infestation in your house.
How To Get Rid Of The Rats?
Getting rid of the rats needs patience and effort. Read on to know about the ways you can use to get rid of the rats from your house.
- Seal All The Possible Entries- In case you see any holes or cracks through which the rats can get into your house, make sure you seal them as soon as possible. This will allow you to prevent the rats from entering your house.
- Block Their Access To Food And Water- This is very important to get rid of the rats. If you block their entry, they will have no chance then to leave that place and find a new house where they can find their food and shelter.
- Use Rat Repellents- There are various repellents that are used to get rid of them. You can use pet hairs and scatter them around the area where the rats visit more often to scare them away. You can also use home-based products such as mothballs and garlic to remove them from your house.
- Use Rat Traps- Rat traps are another great way to get rid of the rats from your house. All you need to do is get a rat trap and place a bait in it and then wait until the rats get trapped and then you can release it far away from your house.
Get Professional Help-
In case there are rats in your house it can be very difficult to catch them on your own as they are very mischievous. In this case, you can hire mice control professionals. Professional pest controllers have all kinds of tools required to get rid of the rats from your house. If you live in Melbourne the best option for you will be Rodent Control Today We are the most talented and skillful pest control service providers in Melbourne and its suburbs. We have all kinds of tools that are useful in getting rid of rats and other pests too. The pest control team is well-trained and very hardworking. To get rid of the rats and other pests in your house, hire professionals today. So when you recognise the Signs of a Rat Infestation, you should not ignore the situation.